Industrial Aggregates & Powders
Leading Supplier of Industrial Aggregates
We help provide a consistent supply of industrial aggregate and the grading limits and technical information at our disposal allows the team to assist with even the most challenging of briefs. Our expertise allows us to advise alternative solutions where materials or systems have altered and we can also provide support by organising aggregate trials, samples or testing at any stage of an industrial project.
We have flexible high quality production and storage facilities and industrial aggregates can be supplied in a variety of packaging formats including mini bags, bulk bags, and bulk tankers.
Extensive Range of Bespoke Industrial Minerals
At Derbyshire Specialist Aggregates, we supply a vast range of products from Calcium Carbonate Limestones to Silica Sands and imported marbles. The industrial aggregates we supply can be dried or specially treated for use in cement, flooring, resins and coatings.
Our established delivery network allows us to provide industrial minerals to industries all over the world. For UK-specific partners, we can supply minerals with nationwide next-day delivery.
Sands and Fillers
We supply the highest grade of Silica Sand in the UK. Once quarried, our sand undergoes considerable and thorough processing which includes washing and cleaning of the grains; sizing to remove coarse and very fine fractions in the sand and physical and chemical processing to remove iron, chromium and other deleterious minerals.
Once processed sand may be dried or, as some applications require, it will be ground in ball mills to produce even finer material for industrial needs that include:
- Ceramics – we can provide silica that has been ground to a fine size for use in most clay and ceramic glazes.
- Glass – Silica is the major ingredient in all types of glass from bottles and jars to windows, mirrors and lighting.
- Foundries – The melting point of Silica is incredibly high. This enables castings to be produced by pouring molten metal into moulds made out of our silica sand product.
- Filtration – Closely sized grades of silica sand is the principal filtration medium used by the water industry to extract solids from wastewater.
- Specialist Building Applications – Our silica sand is utilised in various different building applications from silica and aerated concrete blockers, floor and roofing tiles, rendering compounds, and white line markings.
Whatever your aggregate requirement, our team is here, ready to support you.